I was an NYC
advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now, I'm The Best Fucking Ad Critic In The World™. I hate
capri pants. Also: advertising, marketing, social media, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the
Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake
blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War
enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks,
parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's
drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers,
polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks,
Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida,
people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio,
Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy,
"alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings,
Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men
(Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I
probably at least don't care for you.
• Nine glamorous Kotex ads from the 1950s.
• The importance of kerning, via a Walmart can.
• The grossest ad you will ever see (you've been warned).
• The sleaziest bottled water ads you will ever see.
• A sign that maybe it's time to move.
• Should a woman be spanked?
• Check out this ridiculous Hummer.
• The sleaziest tech ads of 2012 (via Toshiba).
• The sexiest (1922)—and the least sexiest (1975)—socks ad ever.
• BP's expensive 6-panel London Olympics billboard was adbusted.