I was an NYC
advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now I review ads, and do general ranting, cussing. I hate
capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the
Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake
blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War
enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks,
parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's
drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers,
polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks,
Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida,
people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio,
Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy,
"alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings,
Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men
(Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I
probably at least don't care for you.
• It's not often you see a dildo in a non x-rated ad.
• The most annoying word of 2012 — according to Marist.
• The best job ever for a cat lover.
• The amazing street art of Aakash Nihalani. • The 10 dumbest WonderBra ads.
• Men's magazine demeaning Facebook image banned.
• The sexiest, coolest bus commercial ever.
• Six best billboards of the last six years.
• Finally, date rape ads that put the onus on the raper.
• The most kick-ass Old Spice ad yet.