(click ad) Huh. I always thought of Mr. Clean as a cheerful, fastidious gay man, not a chauvinistic asshole. Now, I think the thought with this coupon ad for Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser is: "for one day at least, Mom: don't clean." And yet: Mom's cleaning on Mother's Day. Even better, she's tutoring her future Mom on how best to handle all the shittiest housework, which is of course women's work. The ad reeks of disinfected sexism. Via Loving Katie. Previously in: sexist Mom ads.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
The Best Ad Critic In The World™ (™ pending), but I'm done as a reviewer, at least full-time. I'm also a damn good copywriter with 20+ years experience in NYC. Hire me for your in-house creative department, and I will help you make better, more interesting, and more effective ads/branded content. Samples/resume available upon request. Salary request is very reasonable.
- Link Haze, 5/2/11.
- The jacket to wear to momentarily confuse King Kon...
- Photo of the Day.
- TV spot: Uma Thurman sez Schweppes ≠ Sex.
- Kate Moss's message to Kate Middleton (nsfw).
- It's time for an Osama bin Laden advertising round...
- Re-post: The most powerful domestic violence aware...
- Photoshopped Tongue of the Day.
- License Plate of the Day.