Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vote: which Hubba Bubba ad sells "Big Bubbles" better?


(click ads, via) Top: Ad agency: Gitam BBDO, Israel. Nice illustration, pretty sophisticated concept for kids. Bottom: Ad agency: DDB, Australia. Simple layout, simple concept. Go ahead, vote in the comments, if you want. Which do I like? I hate both of them. Why? Because I'd chew some of my own shit for a chance to work on a bubble gum account, instead of the shit I'm currently working on. Related: the biggest bubble gum ad ever.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both. On a different note, in the fist ad there's a blond dude with sunglasses and then another dude next to him. Are they holding their crotches? The positioning of their hands is kinda funny.

9:06 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

That's a valid question, to which I have no answer.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the first one portrays genderstereotypes...which i always find a big turn-off.
while the guys do cool sports and brag, the girl gossip decoratively passiv in the back.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous mrjohn said...

the first one would have been better if the kid listening was saying "yeah, blow me"

the second needs the tag line

"blow me.....please"

10:13 PM  
Blogger J.Black said...

First one is best -- the illustration is complicated and interesting, and would grab attention for longer. A younger audience will be interested in the style, while older viewers can find the tagline amusing. It's memorable.

The second one is way sexualised and boring - it's also a little too much like those fruity tea (Twinings?) ads from last year, with the colourful strawberry, etc. lips.

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home