Link Haze, 8/24/07.
(Until Labor Day, one of my Friday posts will be a link dump. Got something interesting [ad related], email me: copyranter(at)hotmail(dot)com)
• Mountain Dew—"It'll tickle your innards!" Vintage spot from 1966 (link).
• Remember that pathetic corporate anthem for Symantec (See tha solution!)? Well here's an even more pathetic-er one for a lawyers (link).
• Wrestling with how to sell stretchy men's underwear (link).
• Pantone tea and coffee mugs (link).
• Farty Pants (link).
• Advertising on thermostats. Never happen? Yeah, who could imagine something as stupid as that; or as stupid as advertising on smelly port-o-pottys? (link).
• Matt Lynch, creative director at feed-london, tipped me about an English energy company, npower, buying a constellation "visible above the UK on a clear Summer night," and naming it...npower. And on that same night, if you look closely at constellation npower, you'll see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse approaching Earth's atmosphere (link).