Monday, November 09, 2009

Noah's Gay Ark.


(click ad) Pope Ratzi does not approve. To promote its GLBT services, Aukland's cheeky St. Matthew in the City Anglican church (whose previous billboard mocked the Feeding the Multitude miracle), through their agency M&C Saatchi, got British illustrator Clifford Richards to edit/update his 1970 work "Noah's Ark." Note the two cocks, and the two snails (hermaphrodites) in the foreground. Now imagine this billboard being erected in Wichita Falls, Texas (image via).

7 Comments:

Anonymous -1-track-mind- said...

I'm guessing Silo and Roy, the gay penguins, have already settled in their private climate controlled unit.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also deer are the only animals, apart from humans, that are sometimes gay.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, deer.

and at least 1,499 other species of animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I rolled these animals up the last time I played Katamari Damacy...

12:30 PM  
Blogger AhnaGrey said...

Im a Lesbian and I live in WichitaFall. And this town really isn't that bad. There are a lot of gay people here. Surprisingly. I have my septum peirced and they allow me to wear it at my job at target, and most customers aren't really turned off by it. WichitaFalls may be a small town with big religiou background, but it is growing and changing fast, becoming more diverse.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't just the cocks and the snails- all of the animals poctired are same-sex. The cows, warthogs and foxes have udders. The horns on the deer, manes on the lion, and peacock tails are all male secondary sex characteristics in those species. I really like the subtlety.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish it WAS in Wichita Falls. That's where I'm from and I think that the city should have a bit of... color in it, but it's run by the First Baptist Church so good luck there.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home