Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Maybe, the best hair coloring ads I've ever seen.


(click ads, via) Not that I've spent the last 18 years paging through Glamour and Vogue. But I like the layouts and the weird but appropriate paint brush visualization. Then again, even though I did the bleach blonde look a couple of times in my brasher (way stupider) days, I'm not exactly the target audience for these ads for Wella's Koleston hair coloring line by Leo Burnett in Frankfurt, Germany. For you newcomers, yes, I do occasionally like advertising. It's rare, but it happens.

4 Comments:

Anonymous adverteasing said...

'I do occasionally like advertising. It's rare, but it happens.'

Not to burst your bubble, BUT the models were both wearing 'capri' pants during the shoot.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Arthur F said...

I agree that it is a beautiful concept, but fails in terms of the amount of too much extra "noise" that keeps the basic concept from really working. I mean, it's the paint ON the brush that gives the color, not the brush. So why is the brush = model's hair? Because it's easier, but wrong. The model's hair is either the canvas that recieves the color, or the color ON the pallette that the brush dips into. So yes, beautiful, but unless the ad is for exquisite human hair paintbrushes, I don't think it is up there with the best.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Emy Augustus said...

loll i agree with the above comment @ arthur F. IT looks weird to me.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Term Papers said...

I like the layouts and the weird but appropriate paint brush visualization.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home