Monday, July 12, 2010

BY THE POWER OF GAAAAAY-SKULL...

(click ad, via) I stole that headline from this LiveJournal commenter because I couldn't think of anything better to lead into this ad from a 1978 issue of Blueboy magazine (first runner-up: Freddie Mercury: Prince of Mars). The artwork is apparently by Boris Vallejo. As we gaze in wonder at the hero's 20-pound balls, let us older New Yorkers fondly remember a time when St. Mark's Place wasn't a benign tourist stop. Previously in very Gay things: Noah's gay arkGay Bob, the world's first gay doll (Ken disagrees) • the world's first cologne exclusively for gay men • And the most gay stereotypes ever jammed into one ad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Looks like he's off to joust at The Breastery.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Were do I buy a copy of the poster from the St Marks Baths? I used to go there in the 70 and 80s and always LOVED that poster that greeted me when I went to check in.
Thanks,
Robert
Musclebuddy@gmail.com

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home