(click ad, via) Print ad that's part of a campaign by Brazilian agency Neogama BBH introducing Mentos single packs: "selfishness without guilt." I like the illustration style, but the message, while strategically creative, is probably not going to be attractive to said fatties/uglies. The art direction softens the blow somewhat, unlike with Bacardi's insensitive "the hot accessory is an ugly girlfriend" Israeli promo from last summer.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: copyranter
- Location: New York, New York
The Best Fucking Ad Blogger in the World™——now writing for BuzzFeed.com. I have been an NYC advertising copywriter for 19 years. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, Moby, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, PCs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, chick peas, Starbucks coffee, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- Ford laughs at global warming.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: UK anti-binge drinking sp...
- 1955: The Ford Instrument Company presents: Cold W...
- Slow-ass news day forces copyranter to cover Calga...
- Blow Job Ad of the Week.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Nando's.
- Musk and Cheese.
- (slightly NSFW) Nude Wet Interracial Chocolate Lov...
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Indonesian drinking & dri...
- The latest from American Apparel's crack ad team.