Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The hilariously tactless Accuqoute life insurance ads continue.

(click ads) If you do any Internet trawling at all, you've probably seen some of the nonstop fucked-up ads for gotta-be specious Accuquote. (Here's one two ads from 2007 where I imagined the angry Father's reply.) With their latest, they've red-lined the guilt sell with tombstone-y stock photo weepy daughter vignettes. You're a dead man walking, daddy. The exclamation point on the lower ad's call-to-action is some nice added-on tastelessness. Thanks to Michael Zuckerman for the screen captures.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Love in the Dumps said...

Oh GOD!! I bet it works though. Made me instantly purchase a tombstone.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Jexy said...

If I died today, I'd hope my stupid kid would remember my name, instead of just getting a tombstone that says 'Father'.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, very tasteless ads that would make me run from this company.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home