Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cutesy fun time with suicide prevention ads.


(click ads, via) Gray skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face! Wow. Tone wrong-o. Granted, it's a difficult subject to address through advertising. But if I was the theoretical guy on the left, and I saw that goofy/scary ad, I'd stab myself in the neck with my left hand whilst blowing my brains out with my right hand. Yet another serious world issue not solved by pretty art direction. Ads are for the CVV Suicide Prevention Center in Brazil. This is the ad agency. Here's four previous suicide prevention advertising efforts, ranging from idiotic to hilarious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juliet said...

Wow, I was expecting some line addressing the fact that people may mask symptoms of clinical depression, and just because they're putting on a happy face doesn't mean they're not at risk.

Those are just scary.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home