(click ad, via) It's retro sexist ad time again! The year, 1969. The time was ripe for a new feminine hygiene spray, what with all the stinky hippie chicks looking to be less stinky. To the copy (sentence fragment overload alert!): "Demure is for all the time. Not just for some days. But just because you're a female." The teddy bear here represents a hairy vadge, in case you missed it. For you ad anthropologists, here's 11 of the retro sexist-est ads ever conceived by men.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: copyranter
- Location: New York, New York
The Best Fucking Ad Blogger in the World™——now writing for BuzzFeed.com. I have been an NYC advertising copywriter for 19 years. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, Moby, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, PCs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, chick peas, Starbucks coffee, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- The most recyclable shopping bag ever.
- Russian Ad Watch: Show Me Your Boobs!
- Hey look—print ads for Wikipedia.
- Link Haze, 2/9/11.
- DIESEL offers free blowjob knee pads with purchase...
- 1936: The Nazi Graphic Design Manual.
- Russian Calendar Watch: Hammers & Sickles & T & A ...
- This is how to do anti-smoking advertising to teen...
- (slightly nsfw) Lady Gaga for Supreme.
- Barack Obama shows up in an Indian mattress ad.