(click ad, via) It's retro sexist ad time again! The year, 1969. The time was ripe for a new feminine hygiene spray, what with all the stinky hippie chicks looking to be less stinky. To the copy (sentence fragment overload alert!): "Demure is for all the time. Not just for some days. But just because you're a female." The teddy bear here represents a hairy vadge, in case you missed it. For you ad anthropologists, here's 11 of the retro sexist-est ads ever conceived by men.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
The Best Ad Critic In The World™ (™ pending), but I'm done as a reviewer, at least full-time. I'm also a damn good copywriter with 20+ years experience in NYC. Hire me for your in-house creative department, and I will help you make better, more interesting, and more effective ads/branded content. Samples/resume available upon request. Salary request is very reasonable.
- The most recyclable shopping bag ever.
- Russian Ad Watch: Show Me Your Boobs!
- Hey look—print ads for Wikipedia.
- Link Haze, 2/9/11.
- DIESEL offers free blowjob knee pads with purchase...
- 1936: The Nazi Graphic Design Manual.
- Russian Calendar Watch: Hammers & Sickles & T & A ...
- This is how to do anti-smoking advertising to teen...
- (slightly nsfw) Lady Gaga for Supreme.
- Barack Obama shows up in an Indian mattress ad.