nearly as brilliant ad in an issue of the New Yorker. Agency: Ogilvy, NYC.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now I review ads, and do general ranting, cussing. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, Moby, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- Sexxxy women, here's two sexxxy boy-toy sex toy ad...
- Occupy Springfield!
- Jesus miraculously appears on the butt of a Pug.
- Vodka billboard makes fun of cheap-ass Jews.
- Wild Turkey's terrible "middle finger" video.
- Copywriters! Let's critique this long copy beer ad...
- The most EPIC dog video ever.
- DICKVERTISING, via Australia.
- Here you'll see a funny ad for a sushi restaurant....
- Cisco's stupid "Braveheart" parody commercial.