Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Simply the best outdoor ad installation ever produced.

(click)
Many of you ad veterans have already seen this brilliant piece of work for Rimmel quick-drying nail polish, but about half of my readers don't work in the ad industry—so this is for them.
Back in 2009, JWT London placed these ad sculptures in front of Rimmel retailers in the UK. Then, once shoppers went into the stores, they were greeted by another smaller version of the installation near the Rimmel display case. Sure, there have been many cool-looking oversized outdoor ads (Two of my favorites: Mini-Cooper and Hot Wheels). But this one also perfectly dramatized the product's benefit.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vinnie said...

I've noticed you like to use superlatives (e.g. the best, the greatest, etc), but I'd personally steer clear of them when it comes to outdoor ad installations. There have been many great ad installations, some quite epic, created over the years, and in my opinion it's impossible to pick a single winner. I can think of at least 5 great installations, and I still won't be able to tell which one is the best. The Rimmel one, visually reminiscent of the FedEx ad (see first link below), is definitely one of the very best.

http://advertisingadvice.blogspot.com/2009/10/32-best-outdoor-advertising.html

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Kab-oom said...

Reminds me of a really cool McDonalds one I saw a few years ago promoting their coffee using an existing street light: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E-Id2z-RKgQ/SwxSJNWazJI/AAAAAAAAAus/kQpo0nH-l3I/s1600/McDonalds+Coffee1.jpg

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vinnie...

STFU.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Vinnie said...

Hey anonymous...
Kuso kurae,noroma!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Wild Onion Woolf said...

But did it SELL anything?

6:32 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

At the retailers it was placed in front off? Of course it did.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous RobbieR said...

just awesome

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see, if I had any talent at all, I'd know how to think of stuff like that and make it happen.

Oh, well.

Thank God there's booze.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home