Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Necessary "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks of the Day.

(click, via)
Because "content" marketing is actually just a bullshit phrase for "marketing" made up by "marketers" in a lame grab at trying to appear "relevant" and "smart" in the "we have no fucking idea what we're doing" digital age.
More "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks posts here.


Anonymous Dylan Tredrea said...

Content marketing is lame, a creative backwater, and almost unethical for the poor quality of discourse it promotes and seth godin wanna bes it spawns.

Still makes money though. Humanity blows

10:53 AM  
Blogger Chris Collision said...

Actually, isn't this an appropriate use of scare quotes? I mean, ain't no content as such up in there...

1:08 PM  
Anonymous cath said...

I had never heard the term "content marketing" before, so I did some Googling. I still wasn't quite sure I was clear on the concept until I found myself on the website of some ad agency and read this sentence:

'Anxious to get started or learn more about content marketing? Then download our complimentary white paper, "How to Attract and Retain Customers with Content NOW."'

I almost fell into the rift it created in the time-space continuum.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous RobbieR said...

Brilliant commentary. Ha ha.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mitchell said...

I'd like to punch a "content" marketer in the face to my heart's "content."

3:19 PM  
Anonymous syed said...

i am fucking into digital media, and everyday there is one new buzz word ....and they sell these concepts to every client, by overhyping it....

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home