Thursday, July 09, 2009

(NSFW-ish) Olialia Cola is "SexyCola"



(click ads) View the sexiest, and most sexist, soft drink ads ever produced. Each one is better (worse!) than the next. Some of these poster ads for Lithuanian cola brand Olialia are older than others, but all are new to me. I was alerted to the most recent one from June (lower right) by an anon commenter on the now-infamous BK BJ ad post. Here's the accompanying assy five-second TV spot. I love the total usurping of Coca-Cola's iconic redness. You don't really need a translation to understand the subtle messages, but go to town, if so moved (images via). Previous soft drink ads: I don't Wanta Fanta. Ladies, drink Tab—and be a "Mindsticker"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Zilites ir asilas! Zilites ir asilas!
Viskas jie domin "

Lithuanian google translation of:

'Tits and ass! Tits and ass!
Thats all they're interested in.'
Olive, a chorus girl (Jennifer Tilly) in Bullets Over Broadway (1995).

OLIALIA Cola - Body painting, go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YxWF-MUV94&feature=related

OLIALIA Sexycola teaser, go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBzf9Ts5i0&feature=related

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a very inaccurate translation, cause what you said is
'Grey hair and donkey! Grey hair and donkey!
All they interest'

what you were looking for is
'Papai ir subines! Papai ir subines!
Tai viskas kas jiems idomu.'

Trust me I'm a Lithuanian :)

and this is one of the most disgraceful "creative" there is...

L.A.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks L. A.

I would take issue with 'Google translate' if I were you for its asinine Lithuanian translation.

As a test, I requested the translation of 'tits and ass' to Italian (my first language) and it came up with the accurate 'tette e culo'.

GO FIGURE!!!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. eastern block has some kick ass stuff... i love the ad with ass-boobs. execution could be better, but creative is juicy.

Sexycola...get that COKE! LOL

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well you must be really NEW in an ad world. I'm from Lithuania and I hate this AD campaign you know why??? Becaus they stole the idea from mercedes benz take a look for yourself: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3481/3311014553_aaf64c97a7.jpg

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home