Monday, November 08, 2010

This is how they advertise Hooters in Guatemala.


(click ads, via) I posted the first ad from this camouflaged Guatemalan Hooters campaign back in June. These other two executions surfaced over the weekend. Like I said then, how clever! Too clever! Camouflaged, "so your girlfriend doesn't find out?" I'd say so well camouflaged, that horny men who like shitty food but don't have an interest in either fishing equipment or mag wheels won't find out either. Ad agency: Ogilvy Guatemala.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Clark said...

Was this written by a woman? If there is a man (and I'm not saying there is) that likes neither fishing nor mag wheels, then he probably doesn't like hooters either.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Benoist said...

I live in Guatemala, and I can tell you that these ads are so camouflaged that they aren't even in the language your novia speaks.

The only hooters is in the capital, and while there are a greater number of Capitalenos that speak english than in the campo, we're still talking pretty small numbers.

5:52 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Clark: I like neither fishing nor stupid mag wheels. No, I'm not a pussy, either. I've played ice hockey since I was seven. I've eaten squirrel.

Benoist: these ads are translated for press purposes.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home