Friday, January 14, 2011

You tell me: Is this refrigerator ad stupid or really stupid?

(click ad, via) Ha, get it? The fridge is sooo big, you can't find the milk. Except the milk is right there, on the counter. I guess they mean the last carton of milk that was bought? Or somebody else's carton of milk? Shouldn't they have made the missing milk carton look different? Couldn't this head-hurting confusion have been avoided by putting butter or broccoli or a fucking box of Arm & Hammer baking soda on the side of the carton? Who gives a shit? Not me? Ad agency: BBR Saatchi & Saatchi, Tel Aviv, Israel.
Previously in: Ad Puzzles.

6 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

Holy shit that was bad

also, fractal opportunity wasted

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Jalan said...

I don't believe they make "3%" milk (goes from 2% to Whole), so I'm guessing that's supposed to be a telling sign. My initial thought was that this carton is somehow responsible for the other milk's disappearance, but I'm reaching. Decent concept blown.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the "joke" that the fridge's extreme spaciousness can accommodate an extra 1% of milkfat? I had to give myself a concussion to figure it out.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Josh said...

I am personally impressed that this is a 3D refrigerator. I'm tired of compacting my food and beverages to fit within a 2D plane.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Woot said...

hmm. i thought it was an ad for a carton of milk so big that it can't fit in that tiny refrigerator bottom right.

OR, given that the bottom right corner is often where a company logo is placed on an ad, I'm now seeing this as an advert for milk touted by a company with a fridge for a logo.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Nana said...

It's that on the new milk box, there is a "missing milk" notice for the previous month. The fridge is so big, boxes of milk get lost in it.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home