Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Local Ad Watch: NYC Office of Emergency Management tries scare tactics.


(click ads, via)
Look at that F2? tornado (L) ripping through far-west midtown! Destructive tornadoes rip through Manhattan (Kansas) all the time. More realistic is the fire? earthquake? terrorist bomb? rubble, right. The new ads via the Office come hot on the heels of Hurricane Irene and our little east coast temblor two weeks ago. Very literal, these ads. It's to be expected when left-brained government cogs are the client. I'm sorry, that fake twister shot cracks me up. Why not a still from "Independence Day?" Ad agency: Cramer-Krasselt. Previously, in an ad five years ago, the NYC OEM tried—and failed badly—to make a joke about blackouts.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many of your international readers (perhaps some US readers too) will be scratching their heads, wondering what the hell temblor is. I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the word temblor, not even a meteorologist. "Temblor warning has been issued for the east coast of the US". Copywriters, forever pretentious schmucks.

7:46 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Name-calling commenters: forever anonypussies.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Temblor said...

LOL

temblor temblor temblor temblor
That's my new favorite word.

Keep up the pretentious shit. It's super entertaining.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous -1-T-M- said...

I have a nagging suspicion that anonypussy 7:46 is the one and only The Grammar Cunt when not on his prescribed meds...

...for his yeast infection and hemorrhoids.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Bahbah said...

That headline does not do this print justice at all. It would work better without it's existence and perhaps elaborate in the body copy. - Don't understand the decisions behind the choice of type at all either.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonypussies? Again with the pretentious prose.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@1-T-M


I take severe umbrage at your implying that I am some anonypussy. I am not anonymous, nor am I a pussy. I also don't take meds for yeast infection and hemorrhoids.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home