Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Homeless man sign of the day.

(click image, via)
In Venice, CA. Note he has written a © at the end of his missive, and "patent pending" underneath it. Every New Yorker has a few homeless person stories, so here's one of mine from the 1990s. Man walks up to me in the West Village and says "Give me a quarter and I'll tell you a joke." I said "I gotta hear the joke first." He said, "What do you get when you put President Clinton in a meat grinder? President Gore." I gave him a quarter.
Related: a round-up of homeless awareness ads/stunts from around the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

That's no homeless man...that's Pauly Shore!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a homeless joke: Some piece o' shit street trash asked me for change earlier today. I pointed, doubled-over and laughed in his dirty, unemployed, nonconstributing, going-to-consume-thousands-of-my-tax-dollars-with-an-imminent-emergency-room-visit face.

You had to be there... it was fucking hilarious!

9:15 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

...and then he grabbed you in a headlock, and slit your throat. You had to be there (the guy was about 6-6, 250).

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time I bypassed a begger and he called after me, "Someday you might be in my place." I yelled back, "Yeah, I know. That's why I'm holding onto my money."

Another time, a guy with garbled speech asked me for money and I said, "You mind repeating that in English?" He started chasing me down the street yelling "FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!"

I deserved that and probably more.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

visiting NY first day just fresh from OZ and a guy says any coins to spare so I hand him some Australian $2 coins and he says hey buddy that don't spin here and gives them back. lol
Brent

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home