The Punk Rock Guitar Whines of Whiny Upper West Side Punks.
(snapped on Broadway, in the 90s)
For New York City parents of a certain socio-economic set, sending their over-pampered kids to overpriced camps is a rite of Summer.
At Rock 'N' Roll Boot Camp put on by NYCGuitarSchool (look at the cute rebels!), $543 gets their little Slash/Jimi Eight 3-hour "sessions."
Judging by the missing contact tabs on this flier, It's gonna by a heated competition to see who can first learn "Turn Turn Turn" by the Byrds to make Mom & Dad proud at the next Iraqi War protest.
previously in Stupid New York:
1. The four fashionable faces of Williamsburg.
2. The Trans Fat War Turns Childish.
3. The comedy of the NYC Office of Emergency Management.
4. PHEW! YORK.
5. Political Shtickball.
6. I-Banker Boot Camp.
7. TriBeCa Horror Film Festival.
8. It is hard for black kids to fit in on the Upper West Side.