(click ad) Previously, via South Africa, Durex "O" gel produced a sonic shriek heard by the space station astronauts. Now, in a print ad by McCann-Erickson in Milan, Italy, we have a climactic female who apparently consumes a healthy diet full of biotin, zinc and iron (which produces strong nails). Advertising 101 comment: a more subtle visual of just the dresser damage without the woman's arm would have made for a slightly better ad (image via). Previous Durex lubricant ad: the choo-choo is stuck in the poo-poo.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
The Best Ad Critic In The World™ (™ pending), but I'm done as a reviewer, at least full-time. I'm also a damn good copywriter with 20+ years experience in NYC. Hire me for your in-house creative department, and I will help you make better, more interesting, and more effective ads/branded content. Samples/resume available upon request. Salary request is very reasonable.
- Joe Jackson the star of a new Brazilian child abus...
- Link Haze, 7/17/09.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Durex condoms.
- Anti-domestic violence advertising goes low-tech.
- You just walked on the F*UCKING moon? Here's some ...
- KIA's ad agency creates beach promo seen by 10s of...
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: B'eauPal bottled water.
- Matchbox Molds Little Soulless Killers.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Mebucaine.
- When advertising tried harder...