(click ad) Previously, via South Africa, Durex "O" gel produced a sonic shriek heard by the space station astronauts. Now, in a print ad by McCann-Erickson in Milan, Italy, we have a climactic female who apparently consumes a healthy diet full of biotin, zinc and iron (which produces strong nails). Advertising 101 comment: a more subtle visual of just the dresser damage without the woman's arm would have made for a slightly better ad (image via). Previous Durex lubricant ad: the choo-choo is stuck in the poo-poo.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now I review ads, and do general ranting, cussing. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- Joe Jackson the star of a new Brazilian child abus...
- Link Haze, 7/17/09.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Durex condoms.
- Anti-domestic violence advertising goes low-tech.
- You just walked on the F*UCKING moon? Here's some ...
- KIA's ad agency creates beach promo seen by 10s of...
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: B'eauPal bottled water.
- Matchbox Molds Little Soulless Killers.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Mebucaine.
- When advertising tried harder...