(click ad) I hate posting depressing insidery ad ads, but this one, scanned from today's MediaWeek hawking entries for next year's CLIO Awards, is just so extra exceptionally fucking depressing. "Do something that still means everything" coaxes the copy underneath the fairly young dead mad man. Ad awards shows these days, what with the fucked economy and increase in scam ad winners and disgusting bootlicking, are an embarrassment. And the CLIOs, lest we forget, have an especially embarrassing history. For a more honest advertising awards show ad, view this ANDYs one from 2006 featuring creatives sucking each other's asses.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
The Best Ad Critic In The World™ (™ pending), also a damn good copywriter with 20+ years experience in NYC. Hire me for your in-house creative department, and I will help you make better, funnier, more interesting, and more effective ads/branded content. Samples/resume available upon request. Salary request is very reasonable.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: World March for Peace.
- SQUAT THRUST.
- Link Haze, 8/28/09.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: KIA.
- "World's largest dress" constructed to hype Israel...
- His moon is in the seventh house, and his penis wi...
- OMFG! 15 contracts signed in August!
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: The Garrison Girls.
- Fresher baby meat through chemistry.
- Japanese condom packaging.