Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kurt Cobain dwarf doppelgänger freaks out battered woman.

(click ad, via) The point, I guess, of this unfortunately humorous ad for a New Zealand domestic violence support organization is that, when you've been abused by an angry man-monster, you see angry man-monster faces everywhere. Sorry, but smiles should never be the result of viewing an ad for such a serious subject. One in three is a pretty damn high number—are Kiwi men especially violent? By Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand. Click here to view previous domestic violence awareness ads.

3 Comments:

Anonymous franCo. said...

The temptation to smile while viewing the ad is the least of my concerns, I can't get this tune out of my head:

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
And every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

DAMN YOU STING!!!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smells like team spirit.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Prest said...

This doesn't strike me as a humorous ad at all. I think it makes its point rather well.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home