Thursday, September 02, 2010

This is how to use YouTube to sell a product.


(nsfw for language, via) I don't want to give too much away, but when you get to the typing page, try "fucks" and "eats." I would have liked to have heard better banter between the hunters before the bear appears. Since Subservient Chicken, we've seen a few of these "type commands in to make something do something" ideas. But the product demo here brands it better. Agency: Buzzman in Paris.
Previous cool use of YouTube: OxFam: the YouTube climate change thermometer.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Monica Hamburg said...

That is so awesome. I came up with the most absurd suggestions and many, to my excitement, worked.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here are the full credits: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/tippex_a_hunter_shoots_a_bear

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try "farts on."

3:38 PM  
Blogger Gabriella Gray said...

I didn't think it was very creative, because all the examples I saw had a similar theme, they were almost repetitive. I just didn't find it engaging. Copyranter, I'm surprised. Did you do work for this or something?

10:33 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

No Gabriella. Truth be told, I'm not crazy about the bear/hunter part of it either, it's juvenile. I just like that it's launched with a product demo.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home