Friday, April 08, 2011

The simplest beer ad ever.

(click poster, via) First, context: This pleasingly graphic, copy-less, logo-less Guinness poster is not a print execution; it's currently hanging in NYC bars. But it could almost work as a print ad, depending on the publication. If you've been following this blog for awhile, you know that I often lower my ad flamethrower by Friday (or, it just needs to gassed up). But I actually do like this poster—a pint of Guinness and a coaster turned into an exclamation point. I want a fucking Guinness right now at 8:30 in the morning (I'm Irish). Now, I was taught in stupid useless ad school never to use exclamation points in headlines or copy, but I'll allow this. Via my good bud David Lubars and BBDO NYC. Related: Guinness pool cue tip is the smallest beer ad ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger @DJNoRequest said...

As an equally scathing critic I too really like this ad. You know it's good when you think"Damn, I should have done this!"

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, it's not.

it's "think positive" also for Guinness

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home