Gawker) A $20 discount! You are HeroPatriots, New York Sports Clubs. Only valid until 9/11, so hurry! Also, you sick/dying/retired/ no-longer-working-as-first-responders first responders who were actually there on the day of the attack—yeah, you're totally not eligible. Fucking Christ, is this tactless. Related: the worldwide 9/11 exploitation ad tour.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now I review ads, and do general ranting, cussing. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- Is this German neo-Nazi party poster referencing t...
- Today's made-up ad word: "Shave-cation."
- Creepy Japan Update: the creepiest pair of boxers ...
- How to get neo-Nazis to read an anti-neo-Nazi mess...
- World's largest dildo ad.
- London Please Calm the F*CK Down.
- The most nonsensically sexual beer ads ever.
- The most magnificent beer ad ever.
- Wilson! WILLL-SONNN!!!
- The new London 2012 Olympics logo.