Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pepsi Max introduces the "Bromitment" into the manly diet soda war.

Oh, BROther.
It's time—yet again—to MAN UP, you henpecked Metrosexual wussies! What makes zero calorie Pepsi Max so Bro? Well it comes in a bad-ass black can, and it has about twice the caffeine of Pepsi. And, uh, Max is a man's name. That's all I got. It's DIET fucking soda.
For now, this new "fully-integrated" Brotastic campaign is limited to New Zealand; Pepsi is probably using the Kiwis as a test market for a broader launch. At the site, You're encouraged to "Bromit" to three of your closest mates to form a "Bromittee." (I wish I was making that up.) Then, you can enter to win manly road trips, $500, and even Brolicious tattoos. BROs over HOs FOever! Broceptional TV spot below. Ad agency: Colenso BBDO. Via.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw a television ad for this here in NZ and the part I found funny is that the NZ Aids foundation did a campaign last year that used the ed hardy tattoo effect on their posters and on free condom packs. So when seeing the ad for the first time which had the word "bromitment", the familiar-ish graphic and an add featuring only men, and no other initial clue as to what the ad was for, I assumed it was for something completely different than what pepsi was hoping for...

9:23 AM  
Blogger Vinnie said...

If men down under are continually portrayed as metrosexual wussies, in the US they are continually portrayed as bumbling idiots. I can't tell which one is worse.

Here's the 2009 Super Bowl spot for Pepsi Max.

http://youtu.be/16BdY7WxIds

And here's Dr Pepper 10, the alternative to Pepsi Max.

http://youtu.be/3iuG1OpnHP8

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that bromit as in commit, or bromit and in vomit?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous morning cigar said...

I think I just Bromited in my mouth.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous -1-T-M- said...

Enough with the browbeating!

I wish *Bromo-Seltzer was still around to relieve my pounding headache.

We can take some comfort now that a 'bromide' is a phrase or platitude that, having been employed excessively, suggests insincerity or a lack of originality in the speaker employing it, a boring cliché, a bit of conventional wisdom overused as a calming phrase, or verbal sedative.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I were making that up.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, let's take stock of what we have here. Cupcakes? She can bake, is outgoing, generous, smart (was able to take a stale sexual metaphor and actually do something with it), and stunning. You, Kiwi Bro, want to come over to my place rather than be with her. Well, you'd be making a bromitment to me, certainly. To reciprocate, however, I would have to make a fucking-moron-nit-ment to you. Come on over and make yourself at home, swilling my way manly Pepsi Max stash. I'll be out consoling Ms. Cupcakes.

6:15 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

6:13 anon: you're stepping on the Grammar Cunt's toes.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home