SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now I review ads, and do general ranting, cussing. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- Belvedere vodka pulls "rapey" facebook ad.
- "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks of the Day—Inception...
- The best lamppost ad ever.
- THE coolest thing you will see today.
- The funniest starving African ads I've ever seen.
- What George Lois, a real ad mad man, has to say ab...
- Hilarious Birthday Cake Wreck of the Day.
- How to perfectly sell beer in 10 seconds (TV spots...
- Brooklyn Bushmills whiskey poster gets nicely hija...
- This week's wonderful 1960s VW Bus ad.