Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sri Lankan Dwarf-Vertising.


The local office of Ogilvy & Mather gathered up three Little People for a promotion to help sell Iodex backache balm. Wearing t-shirts sporting a Iodex bottle image and the line "Need help to get to the lower shelf?," the fellows infiltrated supermarkets, where they were (judging by the edited video) welcomed by the elderly and infirmed. Exploitative? Degrading? I don't know. What do you think? Related: Kurt Cobain dwarf doppelgänger freaks out battered woman.

2 Comments:

Anonymous AnonymousDissenter said...

What bothers me about this is not that little people may or may not volunteer for a job to help the elderly or infirm (I'm not in their heads; can't know if they really wanted to do this or not). What bothers me is that it seems like the ad is trying to convince me that this product is bottled little people, and that just squicks me out.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous David Blacker said...

You must be retarded if you think that.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home