Art Appreciation Fridays with copyranter, #7.
(L)—Michelangelo's "David" (1504), 5.17 meter marble statue. Considered by many art historians to be the single greatest piece of art in the history of civilization.
(R)—Replica of of "Gift" (1958). Original (1921) by Man Ray (Emmanuel Radnitzky). Painted flatiron with row of tacks, heads glued to bottom. Considered by copyranter to be the single fucking greatest piece of fucking artwork in the history of the entire fucking world.
previously in art appreciation with copyranter:
1. Split Ends vs. "Split Endz"
2. Mapplethorpe's tomato/knife vs. copyranter's tomato/plastic knife.
3. Warhol's "Oxidation" vs. copyranter's "Untitled"
4. Ellsworth Kelly's "The Gate" vs. copyranter's "The Opening"
5. Warhol's "Pepper Pot" vs. copyranter's "Pork & Beans"