Wednesday, April 23, 2008

OK, I'm back. No, it wasn't a joke.

Starting Monday, I will be posting once a day for AnimalNewYork, a site I already read and like a lot (here's an Etch-A-Sketch Pope). Animal is published daily by Bucky Turco, a man with extensive knowledge of the underside of NYC culture, things that frankly scare me. Things like—what exactly graffiti gang signs mean, and where exactly Jimmy Hoffa is buried (it ain't in Jersey). Seriously, I think he knows every square inch of this fucking city. So, after some high-level negotiating between my people and his, a fair price was set.
Since I'll be back in the daily blog grind, I'm restarting copyranter, but will only be posting 2-3 times per week. And since I don't have a set time when my AnimalNewYork posts will be published, I'll also be linking to them every day on copyranter for your convenience. Because I'm all about you, my whiny readers (read through the comments on my Get Lost post). Especially you, anon commenter #153, who offered to give me part of his/her junior copywriter salary to keep posting. Jesus. Tears in the eyes.
Thanks for all your nice comments. And to all the industry people who said their final goodbyes to me—AdAge, AdRants, AgencySpy, etc.—I say, sorry, this was a very unexpected development. (and to answer the 5-6 of you who asked about the half-naked stud muffins with cats photos—they're coming later today)

37 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celebration!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friggin' awesome.

9:40 AM  
Blogger superbadj said...

Sweet.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I having a drink now. Yep, it's 10:16 AM and I don't care, why? becuase the MAN is back.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Iagos said...

Let the day drinking begin!
Seriously this is why we have wakes because sometimes the departed isn't dead after all!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaah crap...

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're like the goddamned WHO.
This is our last concert.
No, THIS is our last concert.
No, seriously, mate - THIS is our last gig.
Wait - this reunion show IS THE LAST ONE.
etc
etc

Glad you're back.

11:20 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

KEITH MOON LIVES ON...as a blogger.
(see, I'm a drummer and he was...nevermind)

11:25 AM  
Blogger El Serracho! said...

hooray!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embarrassing to admit, but CR is one of my 3 Firefox home tabs, and like a psychotic high school crush I'd refused to delete it when you left.

I *knew* you'd be back!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

And here I was, thinking that I was a dreamer/pussy, living in the past, checking Copyranter every day in the hopes that he would come back. So to that, I say thank you CR and me being a wistful pussbag has finally paid off.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went to Animal. They can use your help!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As my father was fond of saying to my mother:

"I knew you'd come back. Now get me a beer you fucking whore."

1:34 PM  
Blogger Steve Hall said...

Congrats dude. Bucky is the man!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Angela Natividad said...

Damn, that was amazing.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...fine...how about $43,000 a year?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Captain Catan said...

cool - thanks

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh fuck.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Sell! Sell! said...

Great news.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, thank fuck.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe in kittens and unicorns and everything that is good in the world again

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooow! Awesome! Thankks, you're the best!

10:07 PM  
Blogger melikescake said...

yesss!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, man. We went and did a eulogy and everything. It's like Tom Sawyer in 10th grade all fucking over again.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are way too awesome a blogger to up and quit like that. I'm so relieved to hear this. I never deleted the bookmark, I kept the dream alive.

11:16 PM  
Blogger rk said...

Woohooo, I just *knew* I shouldn't stop checking your site just yet :D I think blogger is happy too because my word verification is almost "pigtit"

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY, you are back!!!!

Alert the media ;-)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Pleased as Punch that you're back. Someone has to keep those Ketel One slackers on their toes.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're back

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy days are back again.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! thank you and good luck with your new post.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dick.
i try to get you some $ because i used to laugh at your i hate capri blog and i don't even get a mention.

typical copywriters.... no love for the account planners.
ha!
-brent

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's me, anon commenter #153!

So how do I send you money?

Glad to have you back

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on having a space to write, I guess. Too bad AnimalNewYork suuuuuccccckkksssss.

Oh well, maybe you can elevate things, but Buckyboy has a long, long way to go.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home