Thursday, August 05, 2010

Today's ad headline that makes absolutely no sense.

(click image) Actually, these Droid billboards have been up since late last year. One is currently up near the Major Deegan Expressway. A bare-knuckled bucket of does. A bucket of female deers? Why make me try to picture a bucket with knuckles? Why a fucking bucket? What the fuck does it mean? Who wrote it? The Droid? Kenneth Cole? Who approved it? (Thanks to Alex Frankel for the tip. Pic via Chris Devers.) Previously in: copyranter's copywriting hall of fame.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom Megginson said...

I could really go for a big bucket of venison right about now.

10:26 AM  
Blogger nobody said...

This whole "Does" ad campaign is incredibly fucking stupid.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it or hate it, the Droid Does campaign has been incredibly fucking effective.

Plus the 300m+ dollars that went into making it happen, I suppose.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It threw me off when I first saw it - "Does" as in deer? "Does" as in "he does the macarena"? "Does" as in "Do re me?"

"Do's" would have been .00002 less stupid.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home