via) Ad Creep Update is a regular copyranter feature documenting the spreading epidemic of advertising media placement seeping into every nook and cranny of your daily life. Oh shit! Bird shit! Wait! Fuck! It's a goddamn sticker! A sticker for a car wash. A car wash I will now never go to because they pissed me off twice with their ambient "free media" idea. The agency says "calls went up 45%" due to this stunt. I catch you putting a sticker on my non-existent car, you better run. Ad agency: 1pointsize, Chennai, India. Previously, a Zurich insurance company put fake damage stickers on cars.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
The Best Ad Critic In The World™ (™ pending), also a damn good copywriter with 20+ years experience in NYC. Hire me for your in-house creative department, and I will help you make better, funnier, more interesting, and more effective ads/branded content. Samples/resume available upon request. Salary request is very reasonable.
- Piss- or Booger-hands: which would you rather touc...
- Dear Durex: we will NEVER start saying Wegasm™
- Cutesy Wootsy Ad Friday with Lions and Tigers!
- Huffy Bikes targets Moms with insulting new campai...
- Sex Doll commits suicide (TV spot).
- Happy St. Patrick's Day, fellow Irish Americans.
- New "clever" Heineken commercial isn't.
- Google Android logo "crushes" car in Amsterdam.
- (nsfw) Ukrainian Girl-rilla Marketing Watch: FEMEN...
- AT&T beats Verizon in Pretend-land coverage.