via) That deafening sound you hear is the collective gargling of 5,000,000 paranoid young women of "marriage-able age." Very bizarre illustration choice, Listerine—who, in 1946, produced one of the most hilariously, offensively sexist ads of all time.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now, I'm The Best Fucking Ad Critic In The World™. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, marketing, social media, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- The simplest beer ad ever.
- Timely vintage ad: Three Mile Island says you were...
- New Zealand's Hell Pizza lives up to its name with...
- Someone please explain this condom ad to me.
- Manwich mocks "Men who like Musicals."
- Mark Zuckerberg relents to the FEMEN rack-tivists ...
- Link Haze, 4/6/11.
- Product of the Week: Fetus (yes, Fetus) soap.
- BEST NUDIE BAR EVER (sfw)?
- In Russia, excessive beer drinking makes men pregn...