Friday, November 25, 2011

Update: the absolute dumbest WonderBra ad ever.

(click ad, via)
I thought this German Wonderbra ad was the dumbest ever. But this one here takes the cheesecake. It's double D dumb. I'll let the agency's press note do the heavy lifting for me:
"It is a proven fact that a Wonderbra bra is to males as a magnet is to iron. So, the print ad “Magnet” focuses on the Wonderbra logo’s special magnetic field. When taking a closer look, the reader understands that the iron fillings are actually male names. No two names are alike in this extraordinary magnetic field, and in all, more than 3.500 names have been used."
So, it took them 67 words to explain this idiotic puzzle of a big titty ad. Ad agency: XL, Athens, Greece. Here's three previous subtle WonderBra ads that weren't as dumb as this one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cath said...

I had to read the explanation in order to "get" this ad. Am I just stupid? Do I need to spend more time playing with iron filings and magnets, so I remember what pattern they make?

(Capcha word: Boingla! Seems more Wonderbra-y than iron filings, somehow.)

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, i have to say, as a lady, at least this ad didn't make me feel like a piece of meat.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home