Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a post about advertising.


(click ads, via) The simple, aesthetically-pleasing art direction dramatizes a reason to buy shoe cabinets (which, as anybody who's bought IKEA furniture knows, will fall the fuck apart). What? That's all I have to say. There's just nothing out there this morning worth ripping to hell or praising to heaven. Sorry. Ads by TBWA Istanbul. Related: In January 2009, IKEA in the D.C. area promo-attached themselves to Barack Obama's ass like a lamprey.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, it's from a deep insight of #nobodyfuckingdoesthat

11:47 AM  
Blogger Adoniram said...

Intentional or unintentional reference to IKEA's hodgepodge of design influences and aesthetics? I thought that was the joke (different shoe designs crammed into one finished shoe) until I looked closely at the creative... now I'm not so sure.

11:49 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

anon, people (OK, maybe not many) do put shoes inside of shoes in closets to save space.

11:55 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

anon:
http://twitter.com/yojanuary/status/14239325057

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"which, as anybody who's bought IKEA furniture knows, will fall the fuck apart"

Say what? Ikea is the only stuff I have that hasn't fallen apart. Did you put it together wrong?

(No, I don't work for them. But I have a bunch of their cheap shit, and it lasts better than twice as expensive stuff.)

7:20 AM  
Blogger melissa. said...

i kinda like it :")

not because i'm an admitted ikea connoisseur [it's cheap, i'm cheap, we're a match made in heaven], but because this ad speaks directly to me. it gets me right in the obscenely large, disorganized shoe collection.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home