Monday, November 14, 2005

O' STUPID BILLBOARD, O' STUPID BILLBOARD...

You keep bringing the stupidity Starbucks, I’ll keep bringing the Tall Hate.
REALLY?!? Just ONCE? You sure? Please send me every comment from the focus groups you put this captivating piece of communication in front of. OH, IT’S GOT THAT DOUBLE MEANING THINGIE! X-mas AND the gingerbread latte only happen ONCE A YEAR!!! OOOOHHHHHH! Once I got it, it made me feel so TINGLY!!!
(ed. note: lighted lights do not a good billboard make. And, the effect of putting a headline in parens says Starbucks thinks it's extra clever and sly.)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Starbucks, even if it is the crack cocaine of caffeine. Or maybe that's why.

6:04 PM  
Blogger A said...

Wouldn't that be a venti hate?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Mike Bawden said...

What a wonderfully insightful and introspective evaluation of this latest creative for Starbucks. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be room on the billboard to explain that Gingerbread coffee tastes like ass.

Maybe if they used smaller parens ...

Keep up the ranting and I'll keep referring my blog readers to it ("Much Ado About Marketing")

Thanks,

Mike Bawden
Brand Central Station

7:25 PM  
Blogger T.A.N. said...

how come they don't do something for kwanzaa?

that only happens once a year also

8:06 PM  
Blogger T.A.N. said...

Jack - I think it's a Venti Hatte

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kieran said...

not only that but they are ripping off some good art as well! see: http://fromthecabin.blogspot.com/2005/11/holiday-suits.html

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! We've just been invaded by Starbucks here in Waxahachie/TX. I assidiously avoid that dump, preferring to spend $1.25 for a large cup of actual coffee at Hastings while I browse, rather than $5.00 for a medium cup of a@@ leavings while listening to senseless prattle about the hottest new color for toenails.

That said, awesome blog. I'll be a regular. :)

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is their print insert ... yes, please, let me spend 37 cents to send my friend a freebie postcard inviting them to down an eggnog "who needs to live to new years" latte.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Whitney Josephine said...

And...what on earth is going on with their typography here?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home