Monday, January 30, 2006

THE END IS NIGH


Leaving the Puck Building Friday at 6ish, I spot THIS possible Sign of the Apocalypse. How devious of BeelzeTrump & the CorcoDevil to hold their little "Event" in the impish Puck at the same time as the highly publicized Outsider Art Fair. 'Nah copyranter,' I think, 'you're overreacting. It's probably just an innocent little dinner party.'

Cut to four hours later: I'm back in the neighborhood and I glance up at the Puck's 7th floor Skylight Ballroom, the location of the "Event."


HOLY. BABY. JESUS. (click image, if you dare.)
This Monday morning, I walked through the empty ballroom. I sniffed the air for incense. Nothing. Not one drop of baby's blood on the wooden floor, either. I ask two building maintenance guys about Friday night. They know nothing.
Then I remember this is the year of 06/06/06.
(To my non-NYC readers, sorry. But, this is some BIG EVIL, believe me.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...look at that,
red bolds...how appropiate

3:13 PM  
Blogger A said...

OMG, I nearly crapped myself after I clicked to enlarge image. BEWARE.b

3:14 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Yikes! You work in in the Puck Building? I'm so glad I work down in the Village now--I hated working in midtown. I liked doing media research, but just hated doing it for an ad agency that demanded 12 hours a day out of me and paid me for eight of them, on top of my four-hour round trip commute.

My 18 years in advertising on the agency side was more than enough! It's funny how all the people I know who hate it the most are copywriters. You are by no means the only one.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah... i'm across the street... that's some creepy stuff...

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home