Advertising Week: Catch and Release. Fishing For the BIG Idea.
(This is the first of four posts this week wherein I will be "live blogging" an Advertising Week event without actually being anywhere near the pointless goings-on.)
Right now, at the McGraw Hill auditorium, top Chief Marketing Officers from top companies are discussing—the BIG idea. Questions being addressed are:
• What species is the BIG idea?
• Once you've caught one, how do you keep it?
• And how do you maintain its freshness?
(seriously, those are the topics)
Questions not being addressed include:
• What do Chief Marketing Officers know about ideas?
• How many weeks a year do Chief Marketing Officers spend on vacation?
• What's that smell?
Also, standing outside pounding on the locked doors is Donny Douche Deutsch with legal papers in his hand that claim he OWNS the phrase "Big Idea".
last year's advertising week coverage:
1. Hucksters To End Middle East Violence.
2. Brains And Advertising Don't Mix.
3. Real Men Don't Attend Ad Conferences.
4. Advertising Week Goody Bag