Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BREAKING!!! non-hate...

(click image for closer look)
I don't love this, but I don't hate it either
. Two reasons: 1. It hit a soft spot. I did a spec campaign for YKK zippers when I was at the School of Visual Arts here in NYC. It was, of course, smarter than this ad (of course), but this ad has a cooler visual. 2. When the moronic client says "I need to show the full line of zippers in the ad," doing something even mildly interesting isn't easy. OK, I fucking HATE "Fashionable by Nature." Lazy fucking line.
(scanned from today's WWD)
UPDATE: I shoulda added that this ad is targeted at fashion designers (thus the WWD placement), not consumers.
previously in ads I didn't hate:
1. Iggy Pop for John Varvatos.
2. caffeinated cheerleader for T-Mobile.
3. Peter Stormare for VW.

10 Comments:

Blogger Maulleigh said...

Fashionable by nature is a very boring, middling ho-hum line.

A better tag would be

"Anna Nicole was a golddigging whore!"

THAT WOULD GET MY ATTENTION!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger SchizoFishNChimps said...

What's the point in product development of sodding zips anyway? Surely that technology's gone as far as it could.
And "fashionable"? These things are usually hidden by creases or flaps anyway. A bit like minges.

10:18 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

I should've added that this a trade ad aimed to clothing designers...kinda of a reminder not to use just any old zippers...still no excuse for that headline.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want no spider on my fly!

10:41 AM  
Blogger RFB said...

Should've used "Zippers that Go Down Easy."

Stupid YKK, always with the safe stuff.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Central Content Publisher said...

How about "Legs not included."

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i work in fashion, saw this ad, and still think it's stupid.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"minges"

Triple word score.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool spiders. I have nothing else to say.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spiders aren't bad at all - what kills me is the "Little parts big Difference" in their logo..little brains no difference - the person who came up with that shitty part for their logo should be burned lol.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home