Campari's New Superliminal Print Ad Campaign.
Eschewing the standard subliminal liquor ad practice of retouching sexy images into ice cubes, Campari has pulled all of the print ads from its latest campaign featuring Salma Hayek and re-art directed them (above) to directly and unquestionably focus on the two reasons they hired Hayek in the first place.
"We bought out the pics from the Hayek shoot, so we can use them however we please," said new Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz. "Our U.S. sales have risen this year, but the weak dollar is killing is," continued Kunze-Concewitz. "We think this new 100% honest marketing approach will really firm up sagging revenue."
Neither Hayek nor her publicist could be reached for comment.
previously in SEX in advertising:
1. Floors so clean you can eat [your wife] off of them!
2. Dis is how they do subliminal advertising in Queens.
3. Everything you need to get the [blow] job done.
4. You've Cum A Long Way, Baby.
5. Actually, it's a Raging Chubb.
6. American Apparel post thread.