Could we maybe now ease up on the bridge disaster humor?
(click image for closer look)
Also, what about the gaping hole in your fucking brains? Let's first revisit the last advertiser to use bridge disaster humor—we forgave Sungard because their ad was placed before the Minneapolis bridge collapse; we were hoping that they would place a different ad in September publications (I haven't seen the next Sungard ad yet.). But the State Street boys, with the above Flash Web banner ad, got no excuse. I guess they figure they paid good money for that cheesy stock photo and by gum, they're gonna get every goddamn penny's worth out of it.
(tip/ad emailed by Cory Smith—thanks!)
previously in ads that should never have run:
1. Embassy Suites ad inadvertently poignant.
2. INTEL—bow to your khaki-panted Master.
3. conEd—of course New York is cool.
4. Right Gwynnie. And I'm Martian.
5. Where were you when 9/11 happened?