Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The face that could launch a thousand brands of eyewear.

(click image for closer look)
I saw Christy Turlington in person once, about 7-8 years ago, walking through SoHo near work. It was at that moment that I personally and physically experienced the cliché "breathtaking." Her face made me stop walking, thinking, breathing, everything-ing. I know my posts sometimes get a little pervy (OK, maybe more than a little) on this blog. But there's none of that coming here: this woman's face is otherworldly beautiful in a non-sexual—even asexual—way.
Right, she models Chanel frames in an ad scanned from the February Vanity Fair. She could be wearing the ugliest pair of 3-D glasses ever made, and they'd look perfectly chic on that face. Previously in eyewear ads: a LensCrafters model sports a "lucky" shirt.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. She is beyond perfection. Love to hear her fart.

BTW: Why don't you hate Mr. Big Idea anymore? I always enjoyed the juxtaposition with capri pants.

3:23 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Her and Ed Burns's farts sound like chamber music and smell like jasmin.

re Donny Deutsch: I think he's doing a good thing with his show now, encouraging entrepreneurship and such, though it took him long enough to get to that direction. Still dislike him as an adguy.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, her face is also the model for the mannequins at the Met's costume institute (or what I like to call the costume basement).

Try not to get an erection the next time you're taking in a Chanel show...

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She rightly continues to model even as a mom. I see her near my job in Tribeca pushing a stroller ocassionally. She lives nearby.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Pinder said...

More of the Chanel ads here

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd feel like a big, awkward, ugly beast standing next to her. The fact that I wear a pair of glasses that look identical to hers wouldn't do much to help my self-esteem either.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I talked to her at Macy's during a signing for Calvin Klein. I was awstruck, but she was totally nice.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I See in The FUTURE Is People and their
Ideas with the word FUTURE Can creat
Global new economies By and for all people and their Ideas For FUTURE .
I desighed FUTURE Like a country and people and their ideas are Global infranstruture . All iv been is set up
and attackedFor years My ideas and peoples Global FUTURE Being stolen for years I welcom any help see the facts on my web page www.futurevisionaries.com

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, she is perfection.

but so is ed burns.

therefore i accept their union.

such is life.

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sat at the table next to her in a restaurant in SOHO once. One of those deals where the tables are crammed together and we were essentially facing each other. Each glance at her was like staring at the sun. She is such exquisite perfection that your eyes literally don't have anything to focus on and it is almost uncomfortable to try.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home