Thursday, January 17, 2008

How many "Trumps" are there in Trump Magazine? #2


For the second (and fucking last) time, I carefully, painfully paged through the latest issue of Trump and counted the number of times the name "Trump" appeared in the pub—on the cover, in editorial, on ad pages (including one for his vodka—which he's never sampled), everywhere. Last time, I counted 298 Trumps (and one "Tump" typo, tee hee), so I was optimistically expecting to break 300 this go-round. Alas, I only came up with a total of 292 on the issue's 128 pages. But I did learn one fascinating little tidbit in his "interview" by CNBC's Erin Burnett: his "people" originally wanted to name his latest book "Think Big And Kick Butt." But The Donald said "No way, that is terrible" and thus its now legendary title came to be. related: Trump introduces "Signature" watch. World watches, wonders why.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if, when Trump reads his magazine, he experiences something similar to what happened when John Malkovich crawled into his own head.

Trump-trump-trump?

Trumpity-trump.

Trump.

Trumping Trumper-trump!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there some reason for this behavior or is it some combination of autism and masochism?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I surpassed that number of mentions only halfway through his website. (Says he had a radio show too, but link looks dead.)

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone brought Trump vodka to my party as a joke gift. My friends -- who value their vodka -- actually spit it out and dumped the glass. Pure swill.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Belle Ecrivaine said...

Who is the skinny twig on the front cover that looks like she's about to snap in half? Maybe Donald is forcing her to drink his vodka and it's so horrible that she'd rather starve herself to death than gulp it down.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we're still mourning the people who died in the Trump helicopter crash so many years ago.
if only he had been the only passenger aboard & all of the crew survived, but he didn't.
What a shame!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Pot Thought said...

histrogeek: I think it's autism and sadism. I really believe that Trump is incapable of feeling pain.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a Apple Computer Tech and did some work for the Trump Magazine here in NYC. Well they never paid for the service provided and no luck reaching them.

They still have an outstanding Invoice for $360.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust me you aren't the only one TRUMP screwed out of money and my invoice a lot more than that. Close up shop and move to another city.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home