Thursday, June 05, 2008

Scrabble ads more fun than f*cking Scrabble.


(click ads for closer look)
They're via Hungary. Yes, I passionately hate Scrabble (it's included in my list, left). Two reasons: 1) I was born with a mind that's terrible at word puzzles/rearranging letters; 2) it's fucking boring. But these ads made me smile, and are close to what I consider ideal print ads—unusual visuals/zero copy, like this Snickers Halloween ad, this American Psycho billboard, this hemp store poster, and this pole-dancing studio ad.

4 Comments:

Blogger adhack said...

Nice ads.

Now all we have to do is bring the concept to the US. Then some CD can "improve" them with a headline.

Something like:

Scrabble brings words to life.

Up, down or sideways. Anyway you look at it, Scrabble is great family fun!

Who says words are boring?

Scrabble The Classic Word Game-Just $9.99 at Target!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They work extremely well with English words, actually.

guitAr - bAllerinA - trAin

Snake - SoLdieR - Ladder - Rack

Are they really Hungarian in origin?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Woodman said...

These are cool. Thinking of the gaggles of Scrabble ads in student books, I don't think I'd seen this before.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it wouldn't be so boring if you were good at it?

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home