Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Workout apparel brand suggesting women are genetically p*ussies?


(click ads to read) She-RaRaRa! "Defy Genetics?" "Enjoy giving fate the finger?" Print ads out of Sydney, Australia for Skins-She workout clothing depicting "Allison" (left) and "Ursula" beating the absolute shit out of scores of their previous puny self. Just a tad over the top, yes? Think I'm overreacting? Think of these ads with men in them, instead. Still, I guess it's better to kill yourself for yourself than for a man. And these two could definitely take these Aussie metrosexuals (images via). previously in: sexist fitness ads.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So full of hate!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Maybe the ad is talking about the genetics of family, not the genetics of gender? I'm seeing it as the women are beating up their past selves who couldn't work out as well b/c they didn't have the awesome power of Skins-She! Maybe I'm not looking at it cynically enough.

3:58 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

You're of course right, Heather. I just like to irresponsibly create tempests in blog posts.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is awesome - I'm so up for any brands that acknowledge that girls can be kick-ass too. None of this "I don't sweat, I glow" pussyfooting-around feminine bullshit. These girls are hardcore! Love it.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home