(click ad) One-hundred and four years ago, delightful, healthful Coca-Cola relieved fatigue and was indispensable for all men, including wheelmen, and was the favorite drink for ladies when thirsty, weary, and despondent. That's some copywritin' right there. Happiness Factory, Smappiness Factory (image via). Previously in: Coca-Cola. related: 1938—the very first Pepsi can. 1950—the perfect Pepsi party people.
SEND ME TIPS: copyranter(at)gmail(dot)com
- Name: Mark Copyranter
I was an NYC advertising copywriter for 20 years. Now I review ads, and do general ranting, cussing. I hate capri pants. Also: advertising, PR, midtown, the Upper East Side, the Upper West Side, going to Brooklyn, NYC realtors, New York City, fake blondes, real blondes, saline implants, silicone implants, Civil War enthusiasts, Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, fireworks, parades, Summer, Winter, greeting cards, stuffed animals, children's drawings, religions, personal trainers, golf, golf courses, golfers, polo shirts, turtlenecks, scarves, The Yankees, Yankee fans, mooks, Streeters, iBankers, the Hamptons, Hoboken, Chicago, Texas, Florida, people who don't know how to walk in NYC, whistling, TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers, stand-up comedy, Improv comedy, sketch comedy, "alt" comedy, Readings, poetry slams, SUVs, drinking straws, weddings, Brunch, fondue fountains, journalists, screenwriters (dicks), short men (Napoleon Complexed turds), Scrabble®, people who don't hate anything. I probably at least don't care for you.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Jim Beam "Red Stag" bourb...
- "Female Orgasm Enhancer" Again A Bit Oversold.
- Joe Jackson the star of a new Brazilian child abus...
- Link Haze, 7/17/09.
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: Durex condoms.
- Anti-domestic violence advertising goes low-tech.
- You just walked on the F*UCKING moon? Here's some ...
- KIA's ad agency creates beach promo seen by 10s of...
- copyranter on ANIMAL NY: B'eauPal bottled water.
- Matchbox Molds Little Soulless Killers.