Monday, July 12, 2010

"World's Smallest Brochure" created for Danish university to recruit more molecular biology students.


(click image. via) It's a real brochure "only readable with a microscope" (or just a loupe, probably) created by Danish ad agency Uncle Grey for Aarhus University. It features .4 point copy and measures 5mm by 10mm. It was handed out and mailed to science students at college campuses across Denmark. The agency press note claims that Aarhus "experienced a 67% increase of applications for the Molecular Biology and other nature science studies." Mildly clever, I guess, though holding and turning the pages of the thing looks damn near impossible. Thus ends my insightful commentary. Previous tiny ads: Vodafone presents: Tinypiece Theatre • Guinness pool cue tip wrap the smallest beer ad in history • KIA presents the smallest biplane beach banner ad ever.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Janitor said...

or a loupe, perhaps. smart piece for notoriety.

3:21 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Yes, loupe, sorry, copywriter, etc.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a biology student I probably would have turned the pages with my tweezers, just like you would push apart tissue in a dissected animal.

10:57 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Anon, yes I assumed that. Still, not an easy process.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the not-easy process about it. It makes you want to check it out even more, with tweezers. If I found that, I'd go borrow tweezers and a microscope just to see what it said.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home