Monday, August 09, 2010

UPDATE! Che Sucks.


(click images) New York City street "art" on the south side of the Puck Building in the alley known as Jersey Street. Dead Mr. Guevara of course has been reanimated to sell literally almost everything—from Romanian cars to Spanish medical insurance to American fashion shows. But this "Battle of tha Graffix" piece posits that, with a "cool looking graphic," Benito Mussolini could also become a t-shirt folk hero and product endorser like Ernesto. I think this il Duce pic would make for a better, friendlier image. The artist calls Mussolini the "reigning undisputed fascist dictator of the 20th century." Hitler, Stalin and Obama, I guess, would be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the list.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last I checked we are in the 21st Century.

10:24 AM  
Blogger copyranter said...

OK, so scratch Obama, and add Carter.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carter has been a life long sunday school teacher? He's more pacifist than fascist. Seems like you are grasping for a hook more than the lame folks who wear the Che t-shirts.

1:02 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Anon, I'm kidding?

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Regan. Iran-Contra. Selling arms and chemical weapons to Saddam. Invasion of Grenada. etc... One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait - are both of the other comments the same Anonymous as me? One or two of the others wasn't me - though I am a pr#ck, I'm not a sanctimonious, judgmental nor a condescending pr#ck. Am I?

At least I stand up proudly for my beliefs, tropes and memes, right? With piercing wit and righteous sarcasm?

Man, I done it again. It all sounded so much more clever in my head. That, "more pacifist than fascist," line WAS clever, though. Don't you think?

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Kate Black said...

Carter being a sunday school teacher is only relevant if you believe religious people are inherently more moral than nonreligious people. (I don't believe that.)

Carter gave a leg up to the Khmer Rouge by helping them maintain their place in the UN. He also authorized arms sales to Jakarta in the midst of their genocide against East Timor.

btw, The Il Duce fliers have been up around NYU & New School campuses periodically for a couple of years now. I rarely saw any stay intact for long. They were always torn or defaced by the time I found them, probably destroyed by someone with Che trinkets.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home